Staff Professional Development
All staff participates and regularly attends appropriate courses to ensure the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage is met. We works closely with Darlington Local Authority Early Years and Childcare Partnership. External and internal training courses are available to enhance qualifications and career progression to maintain high standards. William House Nursery Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We have responded to the government initiative to have, in all schools and settings, an Early Years Professional Status. The whole team have achieved further education in child development and education in the Early Years Foundation Stage. Our achievements are:
- BA (Hons) in Childhood Studies and EYP status
- Early Years sector endorsed Foundation Degree
- QTS – Qualified Teacher status BS (Hons) Education & ICT
- Early Years practice level 5
- Early Years practice level 4
- Certificate in higher education in Early Childhood studies
- Foundation degree in Art in assisted learning
- Early years Practitioners levels 3
- Nursery Assistant
Meet the team – Our team is fully qualified, they include:
- Nursery Manager
- Administration Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Senior Line Manager
- Line Managers
- Advanced Baby practitioner
- Early years Practitioners (Baby Unit – Birth to 3 years)
- Early years Practitioners (Foundation Stage 3 to 5 years)
- Early years Practitioners (Before/after school and holiday club 5 to 11 years)
- Nursery Assistant
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDCo)
- Head Cook
- Assistant Cooks
- Peripatetic Teacher of:
In addition, all staff is Paediatric First Aid trained. All staff has annual safeguarding and Prevent training. There is identified designated safeguarding leads/Prevent within the setting.
All staff and students, before employment or placement, undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
If you are interested in working at William House Nursery, please forward your CV or contact nursery directly.
Training opportunities up to University level
William House Nursery is committed to training, providing opportunities for students to gain experience and qualifications to enable them to continue in their career path. Students attend placements for high standard training; they are given practical and observational training. Supervision is given at all times. All students are in addition to the nursery team. William House Nursery offers placements to schools, colleges and universities.