Effective date: October 2018
William House Nursery (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.williamhousenursery.co.uk website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information you provide us with. This statement outlines how we ensure this and how we comply with legislation on data protection.
Information we collect
We may collect personal information from you in order to fulfill your service requests.
- Personal information such as email addresses, personal name, postal address and contact numbers. Any personal information used is for the operation and fulfilment of a service requested by you.
- Characteristics such as ethnicity, language and nationality.
- Attendance information
- Safeguarding information
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- We may process your personal data for certain additional purposes with your consent, and in these limited circumstances where your consent is required for the processing of your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing for such specific purposes.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you have the right to review any personal information provided to William House Nursery Ltd. at any time. For more information on this, please refer to our General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Policy.
We do not store credit card details, nor do we sell, rent or share customer details with any third party for commercial reasons.
Why we collect and use this information
William House Nursery Ltd. takes great care to protect your personal information. We limit the information we collect to what is necessary to provide you with high quality services and respond to specific requests. There are several reasons why we need to collect personal information:
- Respond adequately to your requests
- Provide a safe, healthy and successful environment for all children in our care
- To support the learning and development of all children within our care.
- To enable you to participate in the interactive features available on our website
- To provide resource material and information of interest to parents and to strengthen links between home and nursery
- To respond adequately to your requests for services or information
- Administer medical care when necessary
- Comply with government regulations and standards
- Aide in the administration of our service
- To assess the quality of our service
Situations in which we will use your personal data
We may use your personal data in order to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us (Which will most usually be for the provision of our services)
- We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected. When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- Any statutory or legal obligations
- The purposes for which we collected the original data
- The requirements of our business and the services provided
- The lawful grounds on which we base our processing
- The types of personal data we have collected
- The amount and categories of your personal data and whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
We will share your data with third parties where we are required by law. Where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so such as HMRC and Local Authority
Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to a processing of your personal data
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller
- Withdraw consent for us to process your personal data.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights please email us at email@example.com. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information. This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use information under Article 6 and Article 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Consent: the individual (or their parent) has given us clear consent to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Legal obligation: the process is necessary to comply with the law.
- Vital interests: the process is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the process is necessary for William House Nursery Ltd. To perform a task in the public interest or for official functions whereby the task or function has a clear basis in law.
Whilst the majority of children’s information you provide to William House Nursery Ltd. is mandatory, some of it is provided on a voluntary basis. Data will be collected via a number of means such as your registration form. For more information on this, please refer to our General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) Policy.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Social media profiles
Disclosure of data
William House Nursery may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of William House Nursery
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Safeguarding your information
We work hard to keep your data safe and secure. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access. The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to other sites
Amendments to our Privacy Notice
We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Notice on this page.
We will let you know via a prominent notice on our service, prior to the change becoming effective and update the “effective date” at the top of this Privacy Notice.
You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on this page.
William House Nursery Ltd. is registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) under registration reference: Z7405478 and has been registered since 28th October 2003.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time.
The ICO’s contact details are as follows: