3 to 5 years Staff ratio to children: 1:8
Our aim at William House is to provide a high quality, integrated early education and childcare facility for parents to invest in their child’s early year’s development, giving children the opportunity to experience the very best possible start to their education. Children within the EYFS are aged up to the term after they have turned 5yrs.
We ensure that our children enter school having established solid foundations on which they can build. This will help to ensure that they continue to flourish throughout their school and beyond.
A full educational programme has been developed to encourage your child to excel.
A full extra-curricular programme is always popular with children 3 years and upwards participating in practitioner led dance and music.
We have a walled garden with a full safety floor for outdoor play with age-appropriate equipment. Our spacious summer house is an extra classroom giving children the opportunity to enjoy a variety of activities whilst noticing detailed features in the garden around them.
Small groups of children enjoy many trips, such as nature walks, theatre, farms, parks and churches.
The role of the practitioner includes;
- Establishing relationships with children and their parents.
- Planning the learning environment, curriculum, supporting and extending children’s play, learning and development
- Assessing children’s achievements and using our robust tracking systems to plan your child’s next steps,
- Following the early years foundation stage (EYFS), which sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
- Promote teaching and learning to ensure children’s ‘school readiness’ and give children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected
The prime areas are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development